Visitor Operations Assistant
Fixed term contract 8 November 2021 – 8 January 2022
Salary: £9.50 per hour
The Bishop’s Palace is a 13th century medieval palace and has been home to the Bishops of Bath and Wells for over 800 years. The Palace is surrounded by a breath-taking moat, drawbridge and iconic gatehouse. It is a beautiful and inspirational place to work. As a charitable organisation our purpose is to conserve The Bishop’s Palace.
As a Visitor Operations Assistant you will support the Visitor Operations Team in ensuring the smooth delivery of all front of house staffing activities and visitor services, contributing to the general and day to day management and upkeep of the site as well as play a key role in delivering our Christmas activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engaging with visitors, welcoming them to the Palace and promoting what the Palace has to offer
- Encouraging visitors to support the Palace by actively promoting entrance tickets, gift aid, membership, and passes to the Palace. You will be confident in face to face sales techniques including cross-selling and up-selling
- Delivery our Christmas at the Palace season
- Assisting with light maintenance and cleaning for the smooth operation of the site
- Supporting security and health and safety processes
- Responding to customer queries or complaints
You will have excellent customer service skills coupled with a strong and clear understanding of promoting a heritage attraction to all audiences, be an excellent team player who is adaptable and can remain calm under pressure.
How to Apply
Please send a completed Job Application Form to [email protected] by 18 October 2021 at 6pm.
Interviews will be held on 21st October 2021.