Visitor Operations Assistant
The Bishop’s Palace, Wells, Somerset
2 days a week, 740 annualised hour’s contract
Salary: £6,660 per annum
The Bishop’s Palace is a 13th century medieval palace and has been home to the Bishops of Bath and Wells for over 800 years. The Palace is surrounded by a breath-taking moat, drawbridge and iconic gatehouse. It is a beautiful and inspirational place to work. As a charitable organisation our purpose is to conserve The Bishop’s Palace.
As a Visitor Operations Assistant you will support the Visitor Operations Manager in ensuring the smooth delivery of all front of house staffing activities and visitor services, contributing to the general and day to day management and upkeep of the site.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engaging with visitors, welcoming them to the Palace and promoting what the Palace has to offer
- Encouraging visitors to support the Palace by actively promoting Gift Aid on Entry and Membership of the Palace. You will be confident in face to face sales techniques including cross-selling and up-selling
- Assisting with light maintenance and cleaning for the smooth operation of the site
- Supporting security and health and safety processes
- Responding to customer queries or complaints
You will have excellent customer service skills coupled with a strong and clear understanding of promoting a heritage attraction to all audiences, be an excellent team player who is adaptable and can remain calm under pressure.
Closing date: 14 March 2019
For further details, please see the Job Description, or contact human resources at The Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset , Tel. 01749 988111