Visitor Operations Assistant
The Bishop’s Palace, Wells, Somerset
5 days per week, Tuesday to Saturday
1660 annualised hours contract (a job share would be considered)
£14,940 per annum
As a Visitor Operations Assistant you will work as part of a team to support the smooth delivery of all front of house staffing activities and visitor services, contributing to the general and day to day management and upkeep of the site.
Key responsibilities include:
- Actively welcome and engage all visitors, promoting all that the Palace and Gardens have to offer to maximise income
- Encourage visitors to support the Palace by actively promoting gift aid on entry and membership of the Palace
- Ensure that all visitors receive excellent customer care
- Provide an exemplary standard of property presentation and take action as necessary for the appearance of the site
- Uphold security and health and safety processes
You will have excellent customer service skills coupled with the ability to actively promote and sell what the site has to offer to all who visit. You will be confident in face to face sales techniques in retail, including cross-selling and up-selling. You will be an excellent team player who is adaptable and can remain calm under pressure.
The Bishop’s Palace is a 13th century medieval palace and has been home to the Bishops of Bath and Wells for over 800 years. The Palace is surrounded by a breath-taking garden, moat, drawbridge and iconic gatehouse. It is a beautiful and inspirational place to work.
Closing date: 12 June 2019
Interviews: 21 June 2019
For further details, please see the Job Description, or contact human resources at The Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset , Tel. 01749 988111