Head of Finance and People
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Permanent, Full time
The Bishop’s Palace and Gardens is looking for a Head of Finance and People to lead the finance, HR and administrative functions. The role will be responsible for delivery of strategy for these core support functions and will also provide secretariat support to the Board of Trustees.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Successfully managing the financial affairs of The Palace Trust in conjunction with the Chief Executive.
- As a member of the senior management team collaborating with the CEO and leadership team to deliver the 5-year strategy.
- Developing and sustaining the collaborative culture enabling all staff to perform at their best.
- Provide data and information that improves planning and decision making.
- Be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or ACMA)
- Be an analytical thinker.
- Have previous experience of managing a finance department and other support functions.
- Have the ability to inspire and engage others.
- Have a strong commercial acumen and be adept at business planning.
Experience of the charity sector and/or heritage sector would be desirable.
Surrounded by a 13th century medieval palace that has been home to the Bishops of Bath and Wells for over 800 years with a breath-taking moat, drawbridge and iconic gatehouse you couldn’t ask for a more beautiful and inspirational place to work.
The Bishop’s Palace are pleased to be working in partnership with Robert Half for this recruitment, therefore if you are interested in finding out more about the role, please contact Callie Williams, Senior Consultant at Robert Half, email: [email protected]
Closing date: Thursday 6 May 2021
For further details, please see the Job Description, or contact human resources at The Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset , Tel. 01749 988111