Chef de Partie
Up to 37 hours a week
£9 per hr
Based in Wells, Somerset
We are seeking a Chef de Partie to assist the Chef Manager in the daily operation of The Bishop’s Table and function kitchen. You will work with the Chef Manager and kitchen team to provide a high quality of catering on a daily basis and offer creative input into menu planning and daily specials.
As our ideal candidate you should:
- Be a team player
- Have previous experience of working in busy catering environment and producing food to order
- Be willing to be flexible in relation to duties and working hours, including evening, weekends and bank holidays, although the majority of hours will be worked during the day
- Have the ability to deliver in a pressurised environment
- Be qualified in catering and food safety
What we can offer:
- A pension scheme at an 8% contribution rate, split equally between employer and employee
- 25 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Time off at Christmas and New Year
- Training and development to undertake the role
- Discount onsite for food and drink
- Discounts in the shop and discounted entry for friends and family
The Bishop’s Palace is a 13th century medieval palace and has been home to the Bishops of Bath and Wells for over 800 years. Surrounded by a breath-taking moat, drawbridge and iconic gatehouse you couldn’t ask for a more beautiful and inspirational place to work!
For further information and to apply please see the attached job specification.
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] or post to: Human Resources, The Old Deanery, St Andrews Street, Wells, Somerset, BA5 2UG
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert once we have received sufficient applications.
For further details, please see the Job Description, or contact human resources at The Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset , Tel. 01749 988111