Café Assistant (Summer 2021)
20 Hours per week
The Bishop’s Palace are currently looking for a Café Assistant to join their busy team on a flexible basis. The hours will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays. We are matching the living wage of £9.50 per hour for those aged 18 and over. For those under 18 the National Minimum Wage will apply.
The Bishop Table Café serves delicious locally-sourced homemade food with an ethos of supporting local suppliers and using local produce. It provides daily catering services to visitors, regular customers, staff and offers catering for private events.
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Provide excellent customer service to café customers, event clients and general visitors to The Bishop’s Palace.
- Work well under pressure in busy periods, ensuring the café is presented to a high standard.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar environment
- Provide a hospitable welcome
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Anticipate problems before they occur and use their initiative
Full training will be provided.
To apply for the role please email a CV and covering letter to Nick Hampson, Head of Catering [email protected].
Closing date for application: Wednesday 12 May 2021
For further details, please see the Job Description, or contact human resources at The Bishop's Palace, Wells, Somerset , Tel. 01749 988111